At Fulfil, Sales Engineering is a critical part of the sales cycle but is NOT a typical “give demos” role. A true expert in the Fulfil product, the primary mission of a Fulfil Sales Engineer is to close deals with right customers with a long term mindset. The Sales Engineer is a go-to technical resource for the sales team, helping to make prospects successful through live assistance, behind the scenes support and education. A Sales Engineer relies on their technical expertise to effectively explain and apply technical concepts including APIs, the inner workings of the Fulfil platform, and integrations with 3rd party and other client systems, to both prospects, existing customers and teammates.
What You’ll Do:
- Empathize with every aspect of the merchant experience, putting merchants’ needs first
- Become a product expert and gather feedback from other all customer facing functions within your responsibility in order to improve/optimize the overall customer experience
- Define project scope, schedule project activities, and integrate those into the broader project plan with the customer project manager(s)
- Clearly articulate and the benefits of Fulfil’s solutions and tailor product demos to all levels including functional employees up to "C" level executives;
- Creatively develop solutions to unsolved and complex business problems with Fulfil’s API;
- Help prospects understand their current operational challenges, while providing a thoughtful approach to conveying the value of Fulfil
- Scope the overall solution required to meet customer needs looking out for any potential issues, and then produce and deliver a technical proposal to the prospect;
- Provide input to other cross-functional departments pertaining to prospect requests and product enhancements as needed;
- Control and manage your own deals when required;
- Maintain account and opportunity updates within Salesforce to help manage and prioritize sales opportunities.
- Understand customer use cases, formulate best practices, and document requirements (functional and technical) needed to address client needs
- Partner with internal teams such as product and engineering to ensure timely delivery of feature requests, bug fixes and support requests
- Participate in the sales cycle as necessary to gather requirements, formulate the delivery approach and develop a proposal/SOW
We’re Looking for Someone With:
- 2+ years of pre-sales engineering experience, supporting the sales cycle for an enterprise SaaS platform (CRM, ERP, Accounting, E-commerce, etc...); preferably in post-sales implementations
- At least 1 year of experience in Customer Success, Account Management and/or Customer Support roles within a SaaS startup environment
- Solid communication with excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ownership mentality - you’re hard-working, persuasive, tenacious and love taking responsibility.
- High EQ and excellent interpersonal skills. You are able to build trust quickly, navigate difficult conversations comfortably, and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Previous experience in one or more of the following desired: Netsuite, SAP, JDA, or other ERP/Supply Chain Management software;
- Previous e-commerce experience using Magento, Shopify, BigCommerce, Ebay, Amazon, etc.
- Ability to clearly communicate, build relationships and manage escalations with our C-level customer contacts
- The ability to set a strategic vision and drive tactical execution
- Exceptional project management skills, with familiarity with modern project management tools and a track record of delivering great results for customers
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
- Comfortable travelling: up to 20%
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of support methodology and process, and experience using Zendesk
- Direct or indirect leadership experience in managing a team
- CPA or Finance Background
- Coding ability or other technical experience e.g. SQL
Fulfil.io helps high growth, high volume merchants simplify operations and scale for growth. With the rise in omnichannel commerce, Fulfil was founded with the simple idea that merchant operations need to be simplified in order to deliver amazing retail experiences. Fulfil enables businesses to turn their back-office operations into an accelerator for growth by integrating order management, inventory management, warehouse management, vendor/supplier management, wholesale, manufacturing, financials and customer service, into one seamless solution. We believe merchants should love their operations platform, and we work hard to make that happen every single day. Fulfil.io is a trusted solution for brands like Nectar Sleep, Mejuri, Lie-Nielsen Toolworks, and many more.
Fulfil.io is a venture-backed technology company with offices in Toronto,Canada and Bangalore, India. The team is made up of people who want to feel challenged at work, be the best at their craft and learn from one another. We come from different backgrounds and experiences, all passionate about the work we do, the team we do it with, and the customers we do it for. Join us in our journey to simplify operations and empower merchants around the world!